Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fancy Folds - Double Dutch Fold

Another month and another hop - such a busy time of the year and a lot of us are off to OnStage. I am heading to Auckland to visit with all my favourite people across the ditch. Hope the you have enjoyed the hop so far. . . Satomi's cards are always so beautiful!

Here is my card:
I followed the YouTube video by Beate Johns from Splitcoast Stampers ~ her directions are always so easy to follow.

I made a square card and tried to keep it simple. Base card is Basic Black mounted with Cherry Cobbler and of course Whisper White. The stamp set is Falling Flowers and I have to admit to using this stamp set because I had noticed a lot of cards on social media this week using this set (thanks Patty Bennett).
I did all of the stamping in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and have coloured the flowers using an aqua painter and the following colours: Cherry Cobbler, Rich Razzleberry, Berry Blast and Old Olive.
Rather than using the framelits for this set I fussy cut the flowers and leaves as I wanted to do away with the little white edge. I also used the scrolled or filigree stamp from the same set for the gate fold part at the bottom of the card.
You all know that I love texture so I used a section of the gold and white Striped Treat Bags behind the flowers to add a bit of glimmer. I embossed this section of paper bag with the Layered Leaves 3D Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder.
To tie in the gold I also added some Gold Metallic Thread. The tousing is in place of DSP because I thought that a background paper was too busy but wanted to blend the whole card layout. I also used Clear Wink of Stella on the large flowers which are coloured with Cherry Cobbler - this changes the colour ever so slightly. Rhinestone Jewels for the centres of the large and small flowers then Glitter Enamel Dots in the light pink tone.
I hope you can see the dimension in the flower element. I used the Layering Ovals thinlits and wanted a greater contrast between the white and red areas so I jumped a size.
The inside of the card is lined with Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White. I didn't decorate it simply because I thought it might not marry in smoothly if the bottom part of the gate opened by accident. The weight of the ovals holds the whole card closed.
Hope you got some inspiration from my design. Don't leave us just yet because the incredible Tanja Kolar has a beautiful project to share!
Until next time, stay happy!
Shanni xx

Order of November Blog Hop
1. Patrice Halliday-Larsen (New Zealand) 
2. Gina Connor (United Kingdom) 
3. Satomi Wellard (Japan)
4. Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) 
5. Tanja Kolar (Germany) 
6. Aude Barbara (France) 
7. Miranda Mols (Netherlands) 
8. Astrid Hofmann (Austria) 
9. France Martin (United States)


2 comments:

  1. That card would fit perfect to the other ones at my "Shannean wall of fame" **giggle**. Honest: great card as always.
    Hugs and kisses from your german friend
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni